Many cnc machine owners are frustrated. The just can’t see how spending $40,000 or more on a new cnc machine is practical when they already have what they feel is a perfectly good machine already sitting on their floor.
This is a common problem. Not to mention the problems associated with raising capital to purchase the new machine, selling the old machine, hiring a rigger to move it out, waiting 6 to 8 weeks or longer for the new machine to be built and delivered, preparing the shop for the installation of the new machine, and finally installing it. What a chore!
Enter CNC Experts. We specialize in on-site, turn-key cnc retrofits. We can upgrade your cnc router (or other cnc machine) with a brand-new cnc control system and make it perform like new again.
What is a cnc retrofit? A cnc retrofit is a process whereby the controller, or "brain" of a cnc machine is replaced with a new one. Sometimes the cnc retrofit process requires the replacement of the motors, or "muscles" that move the machine as well, though this is more often the exception than the rule.
the cnc retrofit experts
Our experts have years of experience in the cnc industry. We have retrofitted controls on cnc mills, cnc plasma cutters, and cnc routers by a variety of manufacturers.
- Gerber Scientific Products (GSP)
- and many others.
CNC Router Retrofits
CNC Experts has retrofitted hundred of cnc routers (and built hundreds more, but that's another topic altogether. Read our story for more details). We can get your cnc router back up-and-running in short order.
CNC plasma retrofits
We have retrofitted a variety of cnc plasma systems and cutting torches by manufacturers such as Linde, ESAB, and more.
Brands We Have Retrofitted:
Below is a sample list of some of the equipment CNC Experts has serviced or retrofitted in the past.
- Vytek cnc router retrofit
- MultiCam cnc routers
- Wells-Index cnc mill
- CAMtech cnc router
- CAMaster cnc router
- WartHog cnc router
- Gerber Advantage router, AR600, AR-600 (GSP, Inc.)
- Gerber Scientific Products (GSP, Inc.) System 48 and System 48 Plus
- Holz-Her Cosmec cnc router
- Precix cnc router
- Digital Tool cnc router
- ESAB cnc plasma retrofit
- Linde cutting torch
- AXYZ cnc router
- MultiCAM 48 Plus (48+)
- MultiCAM MG Series CNC Routers
- CAMaster Standard and CAMaster Pro CNC routers (if purchased prior to November, 2002)
- Wells-Index CNC Mill Milling Machine
- Gerber router cnc retrofit service
Want more information on our turn-key cnc retrofits?
Give us a call today at (931) 347-2637 and let us discuss your needs and provide a free quotation for upgrading your cnc machine with a cnc retrofit, or request a quote using our online form.
“What are the advantages of upgrading as opposed to buying a new cnc router?”
- Save Money - In many cases, a cnc retrofit can save thousands, if not tens-of-thousands of dollars versus the cost of a new machine. (Keep reading to see how we saved one of our customers between $55,000 and 80,000 with our cnc retrofit service.)
- Increase Productivity - After your machine has been retrofitted by CNC Experts, it will then be compatible with all of today’s modern cnc software, resulting in increased production capability, greater ease-of-use and a more efficient workflow from concept to production.
- Create a New Support Path -
One of the problems many of our customers had prior to retrofitting their machine is that the original manufacturer no longer sells or supports their particular machine, or has went out of business entirely. After a retrofit from CNC Experts, you now have a proven support structure underneath you: Someone you can call when you need help solving a problem.
Keep reading to find out how one of our customers saved between $55,000 and $90,000 by getting a cnc retrofit!
One of our customers, Greg Desanti with ABC Sign Corporation in Bridgeport, Connecticut, had not one, but two cnc routers that were getting older and nearing the end of their useful life, especially since the original manufacturer no longer sells or actively supports cnc routers. He called up CNC Experts, talked for a while and CNC Experts gave him some references. After checking the references, he decided to have us come and retrofit his two Vytek cnc routers. The funny thing is, he was going to have to buy two new cnc routers, and was fully expecting to spend $100,000. Instead, he spent only a fraction of that amount!
What our customers are saying
cnc Retrofit gallery
Here are some of the machines we have retrofitted with new controls.